Welcome to the Torat Yisrael Board Members' Area
We hope this page will serve as a resource for all members of Torat Yisrael's board members. You will find minutes of past meetings, suggested reading materials and other information we hope will be helpful to you as a member of TY's leadership team.
There are also feedback forms on this page which will direct your comments and/or suggestions and/or ideas to either Susan Smoller or Rabbi Levin.
Please use those forms to suggest other ways this page might be useful to you. Thanks!
Interview High Holiday cantor
Responses to question about goals for annual meeting
Article suggested by Rabbi Levin
At this board meeting, Barry Golden distributed slips of paper with the following question: Plans are underway for this year’s annual congregational meeting: aside from the obligations of the by-laws regarding the congregational meeting, what else should we be doing/accomplishing at that meeting? Here are the responses handed in to Barry...
1. Encourage members to reach out to family, friends and acquaintances of the progress of the new Torat Yisrael and encourage them to try coming to some services. We should involve our congregation with church communities to join in social functions (example: food drive, fundraising for the community as a group.)
2. Building schedule / Need for new members / Need for $ / People don’t understand how much work is going on.
3. Suggestions for congregational programs or events. I will bring a Suggestion Box. –Alan Field
4. Acknowledging great work of individual members
5. At our last meeting, we heard from Michael about the need to enlist all congregants in attracting new members. Could we say something, or in some way convey that message? Encourage people to use the Facebook page to post reactions to TY events/experiences, etc.
6. 1) Promoting the move as a positive experience. 2) Having members talk up the meeting. 3) Ask for volunteers to join our new experience and get involved.
Rabbi Levin based her comments at the opening of our June 2012 board meeting on the following Op-Ed by Rabbi Elie Kaunfer.