Very few people know that Yoga was invented by Jews, and that's because it's not true. But if you rearrange the letters of "yoga," you get the sound that Jews make while doing yoga: "Oy!! Gaaaa!!"
We are bringing instructor (yogi?) Jeannine Margolis to the temple for these sessions, but anyone can participate--Jew or non-Jew (because, after all, "yoga" spelled backwards...)
Pre-register for 3 sessions for $30. Payment at the door is $12 per session. Beginner and Intermediate level. Bring your own mat. If there is sufficient interest, more classes may be scheduled.
When: 6:30 - 7:30pm
Thurs., Nov. 12th
Tues., Nov. 17th
Tues., Nov. 24th
*Jewish yoga is exactly the same as regular yoga, with more complaining.
Visit The Vilna Shul, Boston
Carpool to Boston with your TY friends to visit and get a tour of the historic Vilna Shul. First stop is for lunch at the Chubby Chickpea, a Middle Eastern food experience!
When: Sun., Nov. 15th, 2:00pm
Reserve a place before Nov. 9th by calling 885-6600
We're looking for drivers!
Join us for our Fall fundraiser!
Spend a delightful evening with friends! Enjoy good food, drink, music and play a few games! It's all for fun and to benefit our Temple and School programs. Bring your friends and family--All Are Welcome!
We Have Some Great Prizes!!
• Deluxe Facial Spa Package (2 IPL Laser Treatments for Brown Spots and Spider Veins on the face, 3 Hydrafacial Treatments, $100 in Medical Grade Skin Care Products (Total Value $1,325)
• 2 Night Stay at a Newport Bed and Breakfast includes Breakfast, Newport Dinner Tickets including Wine and Show.
• 1 Night Stay at the Newport Marriott with Breakfast for Two
• 1 Night Stay at the Copley Marriott with Breakfast for Two
• 1 Night Stay at New York Marriott Marquis
• An Overnight Stay in Providence including a Capital Grill Gift Certificate and Trinity Rep Tickets
• Claude Bernard Swiss Made Watches
• Restaurant Gift Certificates
• Golf Gift Certificates
• Gift Certificate to EG Photo
And much more........