Membership Committee Calls: Worksheet
On the right, you’ll find a form to fill out that will convey information about your phone call back to our membership vice-presidents.
Opening the conversation:
1. My name is:
2. I’m calling as a member of Torat Yisrael’s membership committee.
3. I’m calling just to say hello, to catch you up on information about the congregation and to see how you are doing.
How are you?
1. Give the person time to answer the question however they want. If they mention an illness or some other kind of challenge, ask a follow-up question or two and ask if they would like to speak with Rabbi Levin or with TY’s social worker, Andrea Epstein, if it seems appropriate to you.
2. If the person expresses interest in speaking with Rabbi Levin, send her an e-mail (email@example.com) and give her the person’s name and a sentence or two about why the person wants to speak with her.
3. If the person expresses interest in speaking with Andrea Epstein, send Andrea an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give Andrea the person’s name, phone number and a sentence or two about why the person wants to speak with her.
Some Congregational News
1. The new building's foundation is being excavated and poured right now!
2. High Holiday services in the social hall of the First Baptist Church on Peirce Street . . . this building belongs to the church but is not in the same building as the Church's sanctuary.
3. Shabbat at Goddard Park beach! Friday, June 15th at 6 pm. Food, fun and games. Bring your social dogs, too!
4. Our Annual Meeting is taking place on Tuesday, June 26th at 6:30 pm. This first EG Annual Meeting will feel different from previous years: this will be interactive, fun, inspiring. We will enjoy pizza (including gluten-free options) and a make your own sundae bar. There will be opportunities to get to know TY members you've never met before. There will activities for kids so that parents can participate.
Would you be willing to reach out to unaffiliated friends and acquaintances with current TY information?
We will be happy to keep you well-informed with TY news so that you will know what information to share.
Offer a Ride
1. If you would like a ride to any TY program or service just call me and I’ll make sure you get there (give the person whichever phone number you want them to have).